Please help us live up to our commitment to Eucharistic Adoration by adhering to the following guidelines.
Keep Your Hour
It is important to the success of perpetual eucharistic adoration that you keep your scheduled time or find a substitute if you cannot (see “Eight Ways to Find a Substitute”). We ask that you arrive 5 minutes before the hour so that our Lord will never be left alone. Please do not leave before your scheduled hour is completed and the next adorer has arrived.
All regular adorers and substitutes are asked to sign in every time they visit the adoration chapel; please sign your name in the appropriate column on the sign in sheet. This allows us to see gaps in the schedule and confirm that there is always someone present in the chapel.
Those who visit the adoration chapel will most often wish to adore our Lord in silence. For this reason, please do not visit with others while in the adoration chapel. You may exit the chapel to talk if there are others present, but please try never to leave the Blessed Sacrament unattended. If you wish to sing or pray aloud, please ask permission of others present.
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to bring children to visit Jesus. As Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me.” (Matt 19:14) But please, supervise your children. You may wish to bring books or coloring books to occupy their time. This is also a good time to teach quiet reverence and a love for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. Model praying quietly for your children. You may wish to pray the Rosary together, particularly if you are alone.
A Time for Prayer, Reflection and Reading
Your hour with Jesus may be spent in any number of ways: praying quietly, praying the Rosary, reading Scripture or other appropriate materials, or just sitting quietly listening to Jesus or admiring His presence. It is a wonderful time for sharing your worries, concerns, angers, and thankfulness with Jesus, as well as a time to be open to response! The books and materials in the chapel are at your disposal. However, please leave all materials in place when you leave for others to use as well.
In Case of Emergency
In case of emergency, please inform immediately any of the Priests, Sisters, or the Parish secretary. If you must leave the chapel due to a personal emergency or the next adorer fails to appear at their scheduled hour, please also contact the above mentioned persons or the Adoration Coordinator.
SEVEN WAYS TO FIND A SUBSTITUTE ADORER
Please consider these helpful guidelines to ensure that Christ is never left alone in our Eucharistic Adoration chapel.
- Contact the person sharing your time slot. If you don’t yet share, please help us look for another person to join you in the same time slot.
- Ask a family member or good friend who are not yet adorers to substitute for you. This provides them with the gift of a wonderful experience and you with a great evangelization opportunity. This method should also help us to add new adorers in the future.
- Contact someone on the list of substitutes.
- Find another regular adorer (friend or acquaintance) who will switch with you.
- Contact someone else on the chart that has your same hour on a different day.
- Contact an adorer before or after your time slot to cover your time, or each take 30 minutes.
- Contact the Coordinator.
Thank you once again for your faithful adoration and your continued determination to keep our adoration perpetual. It is His great love for us that calls us to love Him.
TEMPORARY ABSENT ADORER PROCEDURES
Until such time as there are two scheduled adorers in every hour, please help us live up to our commitment to Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration by adhering to the following procedures should the next adorer not appear for their hour:
- Stay through their hour if you possibly can!
- Call the person who is scheduled to be there. He or she may have simply forgotten.
- Call the adorer for the hour following theirs. Perhaps that person could come early.
- Call a friend or one of the people on the list of substitutes.
- If the above options fail to work, please contact one of the Fathers or Sisters .